Are You Looking for a Speaker or Workshop Leader?
Growing up in a home without a television but bookcases full of books meant hours of reading a day (an excellent chore-avoidance strategy if I do say so myself). I should have known early on that it would lead to a career when in my pre-teen years, I began to write my first (and last) novel. Three chapters in, I realized that it was derivative at best and plagiarized at worst. In that moment, an editor was born, and I abandoned the book project.
My voracious appetite for reading continued, but I focused my artistic efforts on my budding career as a ballerina. Although I was cast for all the male roles (because I was the tallest and strongest), as you've no doubt guessed, puberty put an end to that.
What was a word-loving performer to do?
Become a nonfiction writer, ghostwriter, developmental editor, and speaker that's what.
I can help you and event participants by:
- Leading workshops
- Participating in panel discussions
- Delivering keynote addresses and speeches
- Providing clear, constructive manuscript feedback
- Offering encouragement and mirth to help event attendees relax and fully benefit from your event
I speak about:
- How to think like and work with a developmental editor
- How to write a competitive book proposal
- How to pitch to agents at conferences
- Power networking and developing strategic partnerships
- How to vet editors, ghostwriters, literary agents, and publishers
- The cost of doing business (from the perspectives of freelancer and author)
- How a well-developed ideal reader profile will help you write a better book and make marketing easier
- Personal and professional branding
- Work-life integration
For the downloadable version of my speaker one-sheet, please email me at email@example.com.